Thursday, August 16, 2007

Worst Play Ever or Clever Use of Song Lyrics? You Decide!

[Joe pleads with his lover Susie on the couch at his apartment.]
Joe: We've got tonight. Who needs tomorrow? We've got tonight, babe. So why don't you stay?

[Susie stands up, grabs coat. Moves stage left.]
Susie: No. I'm never gonna dance again. Guilty feet have got no rhythm.

[Joe stands and moves stage left, puts arms around Susie]
Joe[tenderly]: Why do you build me up, buttercup, just to let me down?

Susie [tearing herself away]: I'm going to Graceland!

Joe [getting angry]: Private eyes are watching you! They see your every move!

Susie [pulling a gun]: Graceland!

Joe[hands in the air]: Relax! Don't do it!

Susie[inching out the door with the gun pointed at Joe]: Memphis, Tenessee!

Joe[scornfully]: I'll survive. As long as I know how to love, I know I'll be alive.

Susie[scornfully]: What's love got to do with it?

[Susie slams door.]
[Slow Curtain]
[The End]

1 comment:

The Wrangler said...

This may be the stupidest thing ever written. Hooray for free time!