Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Great Disney Adventure!-Post #1!

This picture right here tells you all you need to know about my Mom to understand the story I am going to tell in this series of posts. As you puzzle over the strange things being reported, you may have to return to this post and look deeply into her genuinely gleeful eyes if you hope to maintain your sanity. See, my Mom grew up less than an hour from Disneyland. I think she had her Senior Class party there. Her name is Marilyn, but, from a young age, her nickname was Minnie. My aunt still calls her that. This picture, then, is of "The Two Minnies". That partially explains why my Mom, who is over thirty, is smiling like a twelve year old girl.


Okay. So a couple of weeks ago my Mom takes three of her step-grandchildren, all girls, all the way from Minnesota to California to go to Disneyland for a long weekend. Once in California, they meet up with a fourth girl who is my Mom's niece and my cousin. They all stay at the Disneyland hotel for a night, and then at my Grandpa's for a couple more nights. I will get to the names, photos and profiles of the girls later but all you need to know right now is that there are two five year olds, and two eight year olds. Who, in their right mind, would actually decide to do the following things with such a group?



(1) take two four hour plane rides


(2) spend night in the same hotel room


(3) wait in line for multiple rides


(4) eat at "Princess" themed restaurant


(5) eat at a "Critter" themed restaurant (whatever the heck that is)


(6) go to the beach


(7) go to the pool (twice)


Who would not only want to do this, but would actually pay for all of this?


Minnie, that's who!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that blogs should be truthful. So, here are some corrections. The girls were 5,5,8 and 10 and the ten-year old was a lot of help.We stayed 3 nights at the much swankier Grand Californian and we put the kids in child care one night. The rest is pretty much true, though, and we had FUN. OH, and I've always been irresponsible with money but mostly it works out for me!