Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gird Yourselves!

John has thrown down the gauntlet. I am eleven posts away from blogging glory. Here are the rules:

(1) No video posts.
(2) No previously written material, except for other people's writing, but then I must have a point to make about it.
(3) Must include at least one sonnet. No more than two sonnets allowed.
(4) Must include at least one non-sonnet poem. No more than two.
(5) Must include at least one reflection on scripture. I can do as many of these as I want.
(6) Must include at least one movie review.
(7) Must have the last post up by midnight.
(8) I cannot write about love, women, writing, or myself.
(9) I leave it up to readers to judge whether something is too short to be considered a real post. Keep in mind, if it is profound, one sentence may be better than a whole paragraph.
(10) This post does not count.

4 comments:

The Wrangler said...

I'm sweating! My hands are clammy. Is this what it feels like to have a job?

Benjamin said...

No, having a job feels more like being shot out of a cannon into a flimsy yet suprisingly smooth wall made out of the bones of dead apes and lightly coated with fish oils.

At least some jobs.

You know, like freaky jobs.

Nevermind.

Anonymous said...

I don't like rules 5 and 8.

Cha said...

Good luck, poem master!