Thursday, August 16, 2007

Me, Big-D, and J-Dog! Swing it!

Me, Big-D, and J-dog. We are three totally swingin' bachelors, keepin' it real, and real dirty, at our pad in R-dale MN. We currently have two bats living in our house. We don't know where they go during the day, but at night they come out and fly around our living room and J-dog's room. You get used to it pretty quickly.

Yesterday we were talking about lady troubles; comparing notes and such. Big-D told us that he made the mistake of asking his ex-girlfriend whether she had ever met his Mom.
She responded, "Yes!", and walked off in a huff.
Big-D wracked his brain for when he had introduced the two. He finally remembered, which was good. But, he made the mistake of walking up to her and proudly proclaiming,
"I remember. It was at that concert in October of 2006."
Of course, she was not impressed.

I decided to lay out some bachelor wisdom for Big-D.
"Listen bro.", I said, "If you had really wanted to impress her, you should have remembered some little detail from that day like, say, what she was wearing. Then you could have said something like 'Man, you looked great in that blue dress.'"

Big-D nodded his head, mulled it over, and then hit me with some wisdom of his own.
"Or", he said, "I could have said: 'Gosh, you smelled lovely that day.'"

That's even better! Then you don't even have to remember what she was wearing. What woman would ask for specifics about her perfume? Kudos to you Big-D. The student has become the teacher!

5 comments:

JB said...

He prefers "Big D Dub"- and "J-Dog"?! At least give me 2 "g"'s. "Blueboy", "Big Blue", "Jim Bob", are acceptable, but my bachelor title is usually "Sweetbanana Blue".

Anonymous said...

what would be the point in impressing an ex? don't they always smell and look better in the past?

The Wrangler said...

What does the past smell like? Good question anonymous.

I think the idea is, if you know how to truly impress one woman besides your mother, then you will know how to impress them all. Hence the need to learn how to impress even an ex.

Jason said...

"Big D" Nice. You know I coined that phrase and I'm pretty sure it's copywrited, so proceed with caution! :)

Anonymous said...

The idea of you three as swinging bachelors still has me scratching my head.

As always, I'm impressed with your wisdom - and I am a woman!