Friday, August 24, 2007

Country Song!

I’m gonna need another sitting,
If this painting’s gonna work out.
I’ve forgotten what you look like.
That you’re pretty I’ve no doubt.

All that I remember,
Is that your eyes were pale blue.
But once I got those painted
I didn’t know what else to do.

If you give me one more sitting.
I promise that I’ll make it quick
If you give me one more sitting.
I promise it’ll stick.

So darling: give me one more sitting
Wear your best dress and do your hair.
Just sit there and look pretty
And I’ll stand here and stare.

I know the first session wasn’t too good.
You were right, I was being rude.
You might be relieved to know
That I've decided against a nude.

Oh darling: help me to remember
What I can’t seem to forget.
What I remember of you so far
Is too beautiful to quit.

Now, your nose was slightly freckled.
Your front teeth had a gap.
Your hair was long and golden.
I draw a blank after that.

Your hips were curved like tear drops.
Your hands: tiny like a doll’s.
The rest of you was so nice,
I can’t remember it at all.

Your nails were red like match tips.
Your ear lobes, white like pearls.
To put some color to the rest of you,
We’ll have to give it another whirl.

You don’t know what someone looks like,
Til’ you’ve seen ‘em at least three times.
I’ve got an opening on Friday.
Should we say round half-past nine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have obviously not listened to much country music, baby!

The Wrangler said...

Yeah. I guess this needs some music to really give it some twang. What country singer would paint portraits anyway?