Friday, August 31, 2007

Coffee!!!

Coffee is mother earth's brown avenger.
The just fruit of our wanderlust's ambition. (what a bad line)
Each day is a case of the jitters,
When far-flung imports start our ignitions.
Would that we cared about what made for peace.
Then we might start our mornings with water.
Instead we use a filter pulped from trees,
To strain our souls through caffeine's tense grinder. (what a bad line)
And so we owe our thoughts to poor farmers.
Unless our muse is drinking free trade.
In that case we're safe from Karma.
Though I shudder at the price we paid.
It's no wonder that none of us sleep sound
When we start our mornings on shaky grounds. (I apologize for this poem)

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Revoke that man's license! Confiscate his pens! Round up his papers and scatter them to the wind!!

The Wrangler said...

My only defense:
I was jacked on coffee.
You were distracting me.
I'm too tired to try a rewrite, even if I knew how to rewrite poetry.
I'm on a deadline.
Mercy!

Benjamin said...

Dear friend, I only jest!

Mostly!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was so bad. Keep going, you are almost there.