Monday, September 3, 2007

The Most Beautiful Woman In the World!

What is this? How could this be? Is she smiling? Oh God, yes. She's smiling. The sun just broke through. Ouch. Ouch! Damn, that hurts! I wish I could die right now. Back into the cave! Anything but this piercing light! Oh, don't stop! Maybe I died. Did I die? Maybe I was just born. I'll have to find my parents and ask them. They won't recognize me anymore will they? I'll be smiling with her smile, breathing her air. Don't look at me! Don't talk to me! I have nothing to say, just let me look. Stop right there, but keep moving! Just go about your business, nothing to see here!

Oh my gosh, she's petting the dog. She loves him. Pet me please! But she's allergic! Oh, her eyes are watering, she's sneezing and laughing. She's flipping her hair back! It's like in the shampoo commercials! She must be using something better than Pantene though! Here she comes! Quick, behind the tree! What should I be doing? I'm tying my shoe, that's it!

I can hear her walking by. She makes the air whisper! Is it safe to look? Hah! Was it ever safe? Look and look again you fool. Here eyes! Is this what you wanted? Take your fill you gluttons! This will be the end of you and the rest of my senses. No need for you anymore where I'm going. I've seen what I came to see!

She's gone. If she's gone, why does everything look like her? Why is every song about her? Walking living death! Am I resurrected? Then where is she? Where could I be? The sky is still blue. Still blue? It's bluer than that. You're done for, you fool! To the bottle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What in the WORLD happened? Compelling post...