Friday, September 28, 2007

Coffee Shop!

I like to sit down next to pretty women,
And listen to them say silly things.
I like to order too much coffee and freak out,
And pretend that I just came here to read.

No pastries for me, I don't like fruity food.
Why did I decide to wear these pants?
They were the cleanest I could find on short notice.
Too much coffee always makes me want to dance.

But I just sit here next to pretty women,
And pretend that I can't hear what they say.
I draw a picture of a dog with a cape on,
And wonder what normal folk are doing today.

Please cease and desist with that guitar sir,
Nobody likes your music, not even me.
Just drink your coffee and shut-up please.
Isn't there somewhere else you need to be?

The pretty women are all gone now.
But more are always on the way.
I guess I'll pack up and drive home now.
I've had enough of people for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this and the insights it gives into you (I think)