Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat From Your Neighborhood Crank!

When I was a kid Halloween was my second favorite holiday after Thanksgiving. Now that I eat as much candy as I want to whenever I want to, Halloween just isn't that great. It might be more fun for me if I got invited to Halloween parties, but I doubt it. Nothing ruins a buzz like some dork thinking he's funny for wearing an eye-patch and talking like a pirate. And forget ironic and obscure costumes; the point of dressing up is not to be funny. The point is to pretend for a little bit that you actually are a cowboy or a vampire or whatever. Let's face it, we're just too old to pretend.

Also, I hated it when the person answering the door would ask, "What are you dressed as?", when it was quite obvious what I was supposed to be. It's like "Lady, just give me the candy and let me get to the next house." I was a crank even back then.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, when did you get so cranky? Halloween here is disappointing since we have so few trick-or-treaters. This year there were 2 and they were pretty tall. So please plan on taking home candy when you come on Friday.

The good news is that Serena, Lauren and Dakota did a little grandparents' tour last night and we were included. First time that has happened. They were very cute (Dakota was a monkey and announced it in case we couldn't tell.)

Sorry that Halloween isn't fun for you anymore. You did like it as a kid and I have the pictures to prove it...