Saturday, October 6, 2007

Things I Want To Do/Have Happen to Me!

(1) Wander around the country on foot, visiting Orthodox churches and monasteries.
(2) Strike terror into the hearts of enemies by galloping toward them on a horse while brandishing a sword, spear, mace, or other old-timey weapon. Then, with blood on my weapon, I would like to rear up on the horse and yell as the surviving enemies flee. If there's a princess around, it would be great, but not integral to the awesomeness of the moment, if she threw me her kerchief, or whatever it's called.
(3) Quit smoking for good.
(4) Through a strange series of events be charged with the care of an orphan.
(5) Be telling a story at a bar in front of a large group of young women who, for the most part, don't like me, and, through the magic of my words, render the prettiest woman so overcome with love that she jumps up and kisses me on the lips while I'm in mid-sentence. I would accept the kiss, without kissing back, and then pull her gently away and guide her back to her seat. Then, looking over the stunned, blushing group, I would smile and say, "And I haven't even gotten to the best part." The girls would be fanning themselves now and not quite sure how they feel about me. Then my date, who is prettier than all of them, would show up, give me a kiss on the cheek and lead me to our table where I would drink a lot of beer.

4 comments:

kait. said...

those are very noble endeavors.
(and they make me laugh.)
go for it, matt!
fulfill your dreams!

The Wrangler said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I love this list! Now, if you would just Treasure Map it...

Jason said...

Regarding #4, FWIW:
http://fatherstephen.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/help-vladik-find-a-home/